Our team is a service of Cornwall Development Company and we have been delivering employment and skills support in West Cornwall for 20 years.
Formed in 2001, we have supported 3,000 people in our two decades of work on European Social Fund and UK programmes, including Cornwall Works with Families, Work Routes and now with the Government’s new Restart Scheme.
As a Matrix Accredited organisation, we are proud to be a part of Health Works for Cornwall and delivering alongside many other experienced providers. Our focus for this programme is West Cornwall, which covers the Lizard Peninsula, Hayle, St Ives, Penzance, St Just and all the villages and hamlets in between.
With offices in Pool, Penzance and Helston we can offer and help with the following:
- Volunteering and work experience placements
- Inspirational and fun programmes to build communication, team work and motivational skills.
- Improve job search skills, CV and application forms, interview skills, work experience, work tasters.
- Support with starting your own business
- Access to employers who are recruiting.
- To tailor individual support and mentoring
- To assist with barriers to employment
- In work continued support for 6 months
Most importantly, we provide confidential 1-2-1 Information, Advice and Guidance and because of our experience in rural West Cornwall we know that our clients often prefer to meet at times and venues more convenient to their location. That’s why our friendly and experienced team of Change Coaches are not only happy to meet you face to face, closer to where you live, but we are also able to provide support remotely if that is your preference.
Lizard Pathways often supports those who feel the most excluded, with beneficiaries from a diverse range of backgrounds, including those living with disabilities or health issues, lone parents, homeless/NFA, addictions and ex-offenders.
For further information about support from Lizard Pathways, please click the Get Started button.